Sunday, July 5, 2015

Craft: Recreating Grace's Bistro Set: Part 1: Table

I am making my own version of Grace's Bistro set from American Girl. This is part one where I will show you how to make the table.


Here is the AG Version:
 Let's get started:
What you need for this project:

  • 6-7 inch circular wood plaque
  • 4 inch circular wood plaque
  • Wooden candlestick
  • Black and white paint
  • Clear coat spray
  • Masking tape
  • Wood glue
  • Wood Filler
  • Sandpaper

(My camera quit on me for the first part of the tutorial, so I'll have to walk you through it with words)

To start, sand your plaques and any flat parts of your candlestick. If your candlestick has a metal inside, use a wood chisel and a hammer to get it out. 





Fill the hole with wood filler and sand it flat. (Mine took about a day to dry)

Now assemble your table with the small plaque on the bottom, candlestick in the middle, and large plaque on the top. I used wood glue.

Now use masking tape to tape off around the candlestick so you can paint the candlestick and the small plaque on the bottom black.

Now wrap the masking tape around the stem of your table so you can paint the top white.

Now just spray it with a clear coat spray and you are done!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love Grace's bistro set, but I wouldn't buy it because it only comes with one chair! I might try making this!

    ReplyDelete